With the festive season in full swing, check out these ideas if you are still looking for the perfect festive party dinner inspiration.
Jacylin from bumpkinbetty blog has created exclusively for Freixenet these simple festive party dinner ideas for last minute Christmas preps.
"I adore having friends around for festivities over the Christmas period. It's the perfect time for a dinner party as everyone feels able to truly relax, let their hair down and most importantly, over indulge. I'm a sucker for all things traditional at Christmas so I can't resist the festive reds and greens when it comes to table dressing. I love using natural elements such as bark, pine cones and foraged leaves for table centre's as they give off a gorgeous smell and make the whole place a little more homely".
" I tend to think simple food wins at dinner parties, and lots of little bites work just as well as one big meal. I'd start with some simple canapes that I can prepare ahead of time - one of my favourites during the festive season is the much loved smoked salmon blinis which are just the right size for a pre-meal appetiser.
Chocolate Cherry Pots Recipe
"I've also got a great recipe for a very simple, yet totally indulgent, dessert which you can pre-prepare and keep in the fridge until everyone is ready. these Chocolate Cherry Pots are rich yet light so they always go down a treat after a big meal. They only take about 15 minutes to make, but personally I prefer to do the ground work the day before and then on the night just whip up some cream for the top".
200g dark chocolate
60g unsalted butter
55g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
150ml of double cream
cherries for the top
1. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy
2. Add the eggs and beat for 2 minutes (it will split slightly but this doesn't matter, the chocolate will bind it)
3. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan or in the microwave
4. Add the melted chocolate, half of the cream and the vanilla extract to the butter mixture and beat until combined
5. Spoon into small glasses or bowls
6. Whisk the remaining cream until soft peaks form. Dollop a spoonful on top of your chocolate pots and add cherries for decoration.
(If doing ahead of time, remove from the fridge and bring to room temperature, then decorate with cream and cherries before serving)
Rhubarb Fizz Recipe
"The most important thing as a dinner party host is to never let let your guests have an empty glass, and seeing as we're all allowed to indulge a bit more at Christmas, cocktails are my favourite tipple. This Christmas cocktail is one of my faves and it uses pink cava so it looks different".
Rhubarb and ginger liqueur
Freixenet Cordon Rosado
1. Fill your glasses with ice and pour over one measure of your liqueur
2. Top 3/4 of the way with tonic water before adding a splash of Freixenet Cordon Rosado to the top
3. Add fresh cranberries and enjoy!