Mother’s Day is just around the corner, so we have brainstormed for you some last minute ideas to show her how much you appreciate her.
The sweet stuff:
Impress your mum with your culinary skills with this delicious chocolate dessert.
200g dark chocolate
60g unsalted butter
55g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
150ml of double cream
cherries for the top
1. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy
2. Add the eggs and beat for 2 minutes (it will split slightly but this doesn't matter, the chocolate will bind it)
3. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan or in the microwave
4. Add the melted chocolate, half of the cream and the vanilla extract to the butter mixture and beat until combined
5. Spoon into small glasses or bowls
6. Whisk the remaining cream until soft peaks form. Dollop a spoonful on top of your chocolate pots and add cherries for decoration.
(If doing ahead of time, remove from the fridge and bring to room temperature, then decorate with cream and cherries before serving).
The last-minute gift:
Have you waited until the 11th hour to even think about scooping up something for Mom? No judgment. We’re in this together. Our auggestion? A hamper.
A small hamper
A Freixenet Cordon Negro bottle
A gold pen
A picture of yourself with your Mum
Additional little items like a candle or a nice body lotion.
1. Nicely arrange some paper in the bottom of the basket and display the flowers.
2. Arrange the chocolates and the additional little gifts.
3. Use your gold pen to write a message to your Mum in the Cordon Negro bottle and add it to the hamper.
4. Wrap the picture and add it to the hamper.
Mother's day is often celebrated with one of our favorite meals — brunch. And, as we all know, brunch pairs wonderfully with cocktails.
You want something simple and fastly made. But you also need it to be a little grown up, a little elegant. We got what you need: The Barbotage Cocktail.
If brunching is not your mother's thing, invite her for tea at home. There’s just something special about giving your mom a handmade gift or meal on this holiday in particular. Some nice tablewere, a cake and a cheeky glass of moscato will work beautifully.